- The digital books (eBooks) on our website can be downloaded in PDF and ePub formats once purchased. These interoperable formats enable our works to be read on almost all multimedia and electronic reading devices.
What does download mean?
Downloading is the transmission and reproduction to a back-up storage device (hard drive, USB stick), belonging to the customer, of a digital file containing the protected purchased work.
How do I read an eBook?
Downloadable files are available in PDF, ePub, and Bookapp (on the App Store) formats. These enable specific navigational functions (hypertext links, zoom and searching options, etc.). They may be read by various types of mobile devices (laptops, personal assistants, smartphones, e-readers, tablets, etc.) either in their native format or once an application related to the format has been installed (e.g., Acrobat Reader for PDF formats).
Availability of eBooks
Our website customers can access digital books 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. In some exceptional cases, the PPUR reserves the right, however, to temporarily and without notice suspend access to certain books. The PPUR shall not be held liable for any technical issues outside of the services offered on our website, such as connection or IT problems related to the customer’s material or software. We accept no responsibility for any misuse of our digital files.
How do I download an eBook?
- After paying for your order, you will receive an email containing a single-use link, which will allow you to download the purchased book. This URL is only valid for two days.
- If your first attempt at downloading does not work, you can request another URL. Log in to your account on the website by clicking “My Account” and then “Books”. The “Books” tab lists all the books you have purchased on our site. You can download these again at any time.
- Your account gives you access to your online library; if you click the “Download” button next to each digital book purchased on our website, an email with a new download link will automatically be sent to your email address.
A few important notes
- With some email providers, the link in the email may be cut across two lines and may not work. If this is the case, copy the link in the email and paste it directly into the address bar in your web browser.
- Before opening the download, make sure that you have the Acrobat Reader application ready to collect and read the downloaded file.
- The download time may vary depending on the size of the file (indicated when you download a file) and your Internet speed.
- Once you have downloaded the file, it is best to save it directly to your device’s hard drive and open it from there. If the file opens directly in your Internet browser, we recommend saving it to your hard drive.
- Some electronic books are available free of charge. To download them, simply follow the usual order process. You will not need to pay to complete the process.
After your purchase
As digital books are not physical goods, their purchase is binding and definitive. They may not be exchanged or reimbursed, nor are they subject to a right of withdrawal. However, if despite the care we take in preparing our digital books, an obvious fault in the file prevents it from being read, you may send us the corrupt file and we will send you a new, corrected file free of charge. Please don’t hesitate to contact us with any questions you may have.